Welcome to the fifteenth edition of Leasing Life’s digital briefing magazine.
I write to you as northern Europe prepares for a tough winter trading season due to entire economies going in and out of lockdown because of the pandemic.
In this digital edition of Leasing Life, we look at the lie of the land for lessors as they consider how to respond to the challenges and opportunities going into Winter 2020/21.
The articles here ask several questions:
- What can be done to address the succession crisis for brokers in the UK?
- Who is taking steps to improve outcomes for black, Asian and minority ethnic employees?
- Charitable work: what does it look like?
- Who is making sure SME lessees don’t get bound-up in accounting red tape?
- Should workers in the hospitality sector during UK lockdown be denied vehicle financing opportunities?
- Internationally: what’s behind Hong Kong’s ‘Maritime Silk Road’ tax breaks for ship lessors?
- Green finance in Europe: what are the obstacles for achieving the EU Green Deal?
Lastly, November is also traditionally a time for recognising talent at here at Leasing Life. Our 16th annual conference was to be held in Vienna this year, but alas the dreaded disease put an end to that.
We can’t pretend that our virtual event on 19 November can hope to replace the experience of visiting the city famous for Mozart, The Third Man and Bruegel, far from it, but the conference content, learning experience and networking will still be top-notch.
Keep safe and stay in touch,
Alejandro Gonzalez, Editor